Reddit, a popular US website has asked the flight attendants and the airlines to reveal their professional secrets, hidden from the mere mortals.
1. Different pet experience flights in different ways
Dogs are going crazy in a bellyhold, while cats are totally okay with flying. Nowadays, a great number of passengers are dreaming about travelling with their pets in cabin. They believe that this way it will be a not so nervous experience for both of you. Dreamers!
2. Locking yourself in the WC is not an option. It may be opened easily
The key thing here is the secret latch behind the sign. It enables flight attendants to open the door even if it is lock from the inside. If you are inspired by a movie where a couple is having sex on board, think twice before doing it in the WC.
3. Do dot check in the baggage in advance
If you register your baggage about 5 hours before the departure, there may be no space for it in the hold. In this case, there is a high chance the staff will put it somewhere deep in the corner and forget about it.
4. Do not be late for the baggage check in
If you register your baggage 10 minutes before the departure, it is likely to fail its trip along the baggage carousel and may be left at the airport.
5. Captain and assisting captain have different meals
Two most important people on the board are served different meals so that one is able to fly the plane if the other one has a food poisoning.
6. How long can you breathe through oxygen masks?
Oxygen generators will last 12 minutes. That is more than enough for the plane to descend to a “safe” height.
7. Why you should always put on your oxygen mask before assisting children.
When the pressure is falling during the flight, the oxygen in the cabin of the plane is enough for 12-20 minutes only. After that, a passenger faints. It is safe: a fainted kid will be okay, right after he/she takes a breath of oxygen. The point is that the kid is unlikely to put the mask on an adult afterward.
8. It is not mandatory for the plane to have 100% no fault found before the departure
The so-called list of the minimum required working equipment includes the nonoperation that can be neglected. But do not worry: it is provided by the aircraft design.
9. The locks for bags with zippers do not make any sense
Everyone, who deals with the baggage, knows that these locks can be easily opened with a simple pen. It is not a secret. Your bag zipper is easy to open, not matter for the lock.
10. The headphones in the plane are not disposable
The headphones are being cleaned and packed before each flight. Now, think about it!
11. The flights are used by both alive and dead passengers
Domestic flights often serve for carrying dead bodies. If you notice, that the staff is loading a long white box on board: the plane is carrying a dead baggage.
12. Do you really have to turn off your cell phones on a plane?
To tell the truth, there is no reason to turn it off. This is a kind of precaution. The thing is that our electronic devices work on a different wave and have not enough signal power to cause any damage during the flight.
13. The question of safety during the flight is of a great importance. So, screw the hygiene!
Ware for water and ice are cleaned rarely. And not very carefully, by the way. So, if you are a squeamish kind of passenger, put on hold having tea or coffee. Take mineral water. Share these secrets with friends who fly often, for what’s it worth!
20 Benefits of Flying Business & First Class ✅
- Enhanced health and safety measures.
- Quick and easy pre-flight experiences.
- Fast track security.
- Dedicated check-in desks.
- Priority boarding and deplaning.
- Access to Business Class Airline Lounges.
- Best Business & First Class Airline Seats.
- Premium In-flight entertainment options.
- A spacious seat, adaptable to your personal space.
- Advanced LED lighting.
- Delicious dine-on-demand cuisine.
- Highest all-round performance of cabin staff
- Access to best airport services.
- A luxurious selection of amenities.
- State-of-the-art communications system.
- Early arrival to the airport.
- Premium assistance to your departure, connection or arrival
- Last minute schedule and ticket changes.
- Extra luggage allowance.
- Business class priority baggage.
Top Destinations for Business Class and First Class Travel in 2024
Rome, Yangon, Lucerne, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Edinburgh, Dubai, Paris, Bangkok, Johannesburg, Budapest, Osaka, Taipei, Brussels, Stockholm, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Helsinki, Vienna, Brisbane, Reykjavik, Venice, Guangzhou, Perth, Milan, Seoul, , Glasgow, Madrid, Munich, Nice, Beijing, Dusseldorf, Iceland, Cairo, Melbourne, Moscow, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Nuremberg, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Tel Aviv, Israel, Norway
Cheap First Class will take you to London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York or Hong Kong cheap! Get to the global capital destinations easily and forget about the overly-priced services of the vast majority of air flight companies online! Save up to 70% of your money with Cheap First Class luxury travel!
Cheap First Class is Your Reliable Luxury Travel Partner
Travel with confidence, plan your luxury air trip, find the cheapest first class and business class flight deals and book great value fares to 60+ destinations with Cheap First Class!
Need help with your trip? Here are answers to FAQs for all your travel!